Do you need a license to use a Hyaluron Pen?


The truth is, because of how our government is set up, licensing regulations are all created at the state level. Therefore, every state has its own licensing regulations or requirements when it comes to the world of beauty.

In many states you do not need to be an aesthetician or have a cosmetology degree to use the Hyaluron Pen, Plasma Fibroblast, Microneedling, or PMU procedures. Most states allow you to operate on your own with a certified certificate showing you are trained in these procedures and have completed a training. This certification is what Skyn offers you after you complete one of our courses.

In many states this procedure is still unregulated because of how new it is. When something is unregulated that doesn’t mean you cannot do it. So do not be confused if you don’t get a straight answer. Your state may not have a clear law in place. Many states will allow an aesthetics professional to decide if a new procedure is a good fit for their business or not.  

With that being said, It is up to you to do your own research. It’s quite simple to perform a quick online search if you type in your state’s name and look up your state's regulatory boards. You can locate their contact information on their website and call them directly or just research what you are looking for on their site. You can also get great information by asking others who already provide this procedure in your area.

Don’t worry, it’s simple to figure out. All it takes is just a little research. 

We’ll be here when you’re ready!